Tuesday, December 10, 2013

An Early Christmas Gift


December has fallen upon us.  Since Halloween we have been ultra busy, with no time in this girl's life to even think about blogging.  However, it is December and along with all the Christmas festivities it also happens to be an update month.  We were told not to expect it till mid month, but the excitement started yesterday as other adoptive families we are connected with revealed the reports had started to trickle in!  Every notification beep my phone made today caused me to jump, until at last Holt's email popped up.  What a fabulous Christmas present...which could only be topped by news that we have long awaited first approval (NO...we are still waiting, I hold my breath for a few days after the twice a month meetings.  Holt still estimates we will not receive approval until early next year.)  Today, I'm not letting anything take away the joy of seeing this beautiful face.


She is darling, no?  Her beautiful pouty lips, and big brown eyes.  The update held all the important stuff, how much she is growing or should I say not growing!  She is still no bigger than a peanut.  At the check up in October she weighed all of 23 lbs and measured at 2 feet 7 in tall.  According to US percentage charts she is in the ninth percentile for weight and third for height.  It also sounds like somebody is a picky eater, and because she has a new baby foster sister in the house wants a bottle just like the little one!  I'm glad there is a new foster sister.  I hope that eases the transition for her foster mother.  As I look at this picture of them together, this woman who has loved and cared for a total of 9 foster children and does her best to prepare them for their adoptive families, I feel a profound sense of obligation that I have no idea how to repay.  We will take the family gifts when we go, but what gift says the thank you I have in my heart to this woman who is being a mother to my child until I can be...
The reports states she is very attached to her foster mother, and very silent and wary of people she does not know.  In just a few short months we will be "those" people.  My heart hurts that taking her away from all she knows and loves is a necessary part of this process of her coming to our family.  I am already praying for wisdom, extra doses of patience, and that somehow she feels secure with us.  



She looks like she is a little mischievous here, so cute.  I can't wait to get a huge bow on that girl!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! Camila is only 9 months old and last week she weighed in at 20 lbs and some change. Really puts things into perspective- Isabel's tiny! I'm sure you can't wait to bring her home so you can fatten her right up. :) She's truly adorable- such a doll and that mischievous little expression shows she'll fit right in with the Strand boys. ;) I know it will probably be a difficult transition at first, for everyone, but I believe in my heart that you are the perfect forever mother for her. You wanted a little girl for so long and you all have put so much time, effort, patience and desire into bringing her home. She is just going to feel so much love and acceptance by you, Rocky and the boys that she is going to feel like she is being wrapped up in a big cozy blanket. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to see the post where you say, "Off to pick up my baby girl!" Lots of love to you all!! Miss you bunches!! <3 -Angie Monahan

    ReplyDelete