Monday, April 16, 2012

Cherry's Fashion

I did it.  I broke down.  I bought clothes for her today.  I have been staying so strong and telling myself to deposit money into our adoption fund any time I'm tempted to buy something that makes me think, "Oh that would be so cute for Cherish."  Word of Wisdom...Do not walk through the children's section at Target when Easter Clearance is happening.  Outfit #1 Pink, tulle, sundress.  I showed Rocky and he got this silly smile on his face and said, "Who's that for?"  His grin got even bigger when I said, "It's for your daughter!"  Outfit #2 Navy sweater trimmed with white polka dots and wooden buttons with faux denim leggings topped with red polka dot ruffle and a little white sailboat anchor on the side...I mean really soooooo cute.  (Then I bought athletic shirts that seem to make up the boys current wardrobe, and they want to wear every day, these shirts were of course minus any ruffles or polka dots!)   I also bought size 2T hoping they will not be too small and maybe she can grow into them if she is younger than we expect.  So, now back on the staight and narrow, my spending moratorium must resume as we work to bring our girl home...in style at any rate!

5 comments:

  1. She NEEDED them so it sounds like you made a good purchase! She had to get some clothes at some point.. no time like the present, right :)?? Cherish will be a stylin' and extremely blessed little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm normally not a proponent of retail therapy, but this sounds completely justified! Doing SOMETHING to help prepare for your daughter always lifts the spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im thinking my next therapy needs to be redoing the dresser and mirror for her room...much more practical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so fun!!! I have been VERY tempted to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura

    I have started getting things for my baby girl also - so retail therapy works. My little girl already has her pink toy box. Bedroom redoing with be in our future also. The room our little girl will most likely go into is currently blue and has a sports theme.

    ReplyDelete